Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Story of Three Sisters

Once there were three sisters who decided to go out for the eldest sister's birthday.


These sisters were of rare beauty...very rare.



The eldest sister anxiously awaited the arrival of her tasty delicacy of mild boneless buffalo wings (for 1/2price, mind you).



But the youngest was slightly miffed, for how could she partake in mild buffalo wings--despite the "mild" name, they were still quite spicy. "The honey BBQ would have been a much better choice," she murmered to herself.



The middle sister, however, was just happy to be out with no children.



While waiting for her food, Melinda (that's what we'll call the eldest daughter) said, "I'm parched," and took a drink of her strawberry lemonade...



...but as she did, a lemon fell out right into her mouth. She made an awful face (as one can imagine she would).



Suddenly she thought to herself, "When life hands me lemons, why not make lemonade" and gracefully smiled.



But the youngest sister did not think it was something to smile about.



Just then, two young gentlemen approached the table where the three were sitting and asked if they could join "such lovely beauties..."



...these lovely beauties (don't they look thinner?).



But after discussing it amongst themselves, Felicity (the second sister) kindly stated that they would sooner eat with a wombat than with the two gentlemen standing before them...



...and sent them on their way.



At last their food arrived and Felicity promptly "dug in".

She thought the food was delicious and was so overjoyed that she smiled.

But Tiffany (the youngest) was not amused.

Finally, the bill was brought to the table. Tiffany grabbed the bill and sweetly exclaimed, "I'll pay for it!"


"Why would she be so excited to pay for the food?" Felicity inquired of Melinda, then looking closer noticed that in Tiffany's hand was the credit card her husband had left in her purse.


Felcity and Melinda nodded knowingly.


And that is the end of the story...

...or is it?

15 comments:

Jodi said...

You've got me laughing hysterically over here!

Love,
Melinda

Tammy said...

What a hoot! Am I the only one who sees the resemblance? The wombat & middle's last picture?! No offense middle sister. You guys crack me up!

Marti said...

Boo just saw the picture of me with the straws on my teeth and said, "Uh, Mommy got bigga teef fen me."

And I'm not sure I like being compared to a wombat no matter how much Twiggy may be interested in them.

molly said...

OH my word was that funny. Youngest sister, have you considered a career in children's literature? :)

girlie girl said...

This is why I love you! Thanks for the laughs! Makes me wish I had sisters!!!!!

Jeremy and Amy said...

You crack me up!!! That was so adorable. Sounds like you had lots of fun.

heidi hornby said...

Oh, wow. That was so funny!

Name: Karen said...

You three are truly blessed. Oh, I wish, I had a sister!!!!!! Im still laughing and thankfully no one is here to see me b/c I can't stop.

I will be showing this to my two girls tomorrow and showing them what a wonderful time sisters CAN have together. Now...tell me...did you ALWAYS have such fun together????

Happy Birthday Melinda!

mitchells2000 said...

GREAT STORY! It made me laugh so hard... you are really creative! :-) Glad to see sisters having so much fun! Must be nice to live so close to each other! :-)

Lisa M. (Clark) Mengarelli said...

You are too funny! Thanks for the funny comment on my blog. I knew you were talking about Nick and NOT my brother. HEEHEEHEE I am so excited about this blogging thing....keep 'em coming! You have a beautiful family!

Dora said...

super funny story and creative.. marti.. what a card!

Amy Pearson Photography said...

bwahahaha!

Sherri said...

Cute! You girls had a great time, didn't you?
Your sister directed me to this post :). I love her Blog!

Anonymous said...

Ok..this is why I love you dearest!!! You ARE the sister I never had and I know the fun that can be had when hanging out with you, especially unsupervised...at Applebee's :) Talk to you soon!!!

heidi hornby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.