Monday, October 08, 2007

Where to start?

I can't even count the number of times I have started to post on my blog and then stopped thinking, "Is this really blog-worthy after being a non-blogger for so long?" Tonight I have decided that is does not matter, I'm just going to post with high hopes that blogging will just get easier from here on out (does anyone understand what I mean...the first post is always so hard after being away for a while).


So much has changed since August 15th. The biggest change being that as of August 31st, we have been homeless and living with my parents. We are thanking God for doing the impossible by selling our house in less than a month; if that wasn't a push, I don't know what else could be! Closing day was an emotional one for all of us (including "Frankie", our newborn, who cried through the whole signing process). I am especially missing my sister who lived just a block away--now she lives 5 minutes away! Although they are so excited to live with Papa and Mimi the kids miss "going home". We are very thankful for Papa and Mimi allowing us to live with them even though I'm sure the house gets a little louder and a little messier than what they are used to!

The kids are doing well. Twiggy is now in first grade and loving it so much more than Kindergarten (as am I). Her reading is getting so much better and I can tell that she's really starting to enjoy the challenge of picking up a book and sounding out words she does not know.



Daisy is equally eager to learn and enjoys sitting in on school lessons. Her favorite thing to do lately is to sing and color at the same time and I love to listen to her sweet voice.


Rocky is all boy. His two new passions in life are Thomas the Tank Engine and driving his older sisters crazy! His younger sister, however, can do no wrong and he is SO protective of her. The other day at church he came crying to me, "Mom, those kids are watching my sister!" As a two-year-old, he is almost as tall as his four-year-old sister!


Frankie has obviously done the most changing! She smiles a lot and LOVES her brother and sisters...and is maybe a little spoiled! We are all thoroughly enjoying watching her grow and change!

Paul and I are doing well. While we our hearts ache at the thought of leaving here in two months our urgency grows as we get closer to moving. We are looking forward to this next chapter in our lives as we prepare with To Every Tribe Ministries, but are longing for God to teach us and grow us during this transition time as well. I am amazed already at how specifically God has proven Himself to be the almighty, all-powerful God who can do anything!

7 comments:

molly said...

A perfect "jumping-in" post. :) How much more we will both cherish these updates when location doen't hold us close! :)
Love you, fellow transitioner!

Jodi said...

Yes, I DO know how hard that first post is after a long absence. Keep up the good work!

Marti said...

Welcome back! (Not sure I can really say that since I haven't been much of a blogger lately, either.)

I did chuckle a little bit at Rocky being as tall as his 4-year-old sister. Not to discount Rocky's height, but being as tall as Daisy isn't really much of an accomplishment. I bet he'll pass her before long! :)

Mindy said...

Oh, so good to hear from you! And that was a great update! Keep it coming! :) You all are in our prayers! Love ya!

Jeremy and Amy said...

Yay! So glad you joined us again! Your kids are just getting cuter :)

girlie girl said...

Saw on Facebook you'd posted. I'm glad for the update. And I'm looking forward to that heart-to-heart next weekend!

TwoSticks said...

You need to warn people about the music on the "To Every Tribe Ministries" page. I though my computer was crashing like "ah,oh what's happening!" Only scared for my computer for a couple seconds though, then I was scared for my life like head-hunters were going to jumb out of the monitor and "get" me. Quite tramatic, I just think I should have been warned before-hand, that would have been considerate.