Saturday, January 19, 2008

Update from Southern Tex.

Well, my desire to update the blog every week is not off to a good start....but here I go anyways.

Paul is entering his third week of training and he is LOVING the teaching he is receiving (which makes me a little jealous that I have only been able to hear it from his mouth so far...I hope to sit in on a couple of classes in the very near future). This next week two men from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary are coming to teach, so in a way, I feel like a piece of my brother is coming down with them (Hi Jason--I will ask them to give you a hug and kiss from me, okay?). I am hoping that soon Paul will post on the specifics of class and what the Lord has been teaching him (hint, hint).

We are now beginning to get into a routine around home. The kids are getting to know the kids of the other students (which is a huge answer to prayer). We are back in full swing of homeschooling, which Twiggy has been able to tolerate knowing that her new friends are in their apartments doing the same thing. I am starting to realize that I am not on vacation and I'm getting back into the mode of preparing menus and grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc...etc..... I am enjoying getting to know the other students' wives and I'm seeing different things that I could learn from each one of them. They are a fun group of women.

As for the near future; Paul will be headed to New Guinea in about a month where he'll do hands-on training with To Every Tribe. When he gets back, we will have a week of spring break and then, Lord willing, both Paul and I will be taking a course in dentistry where we will be learning how to clean teeth and fill cavities without the use of electricity--very intense! We've been told that when you get out into these remote areas of the world often times the people there will request a dentist even before they will request a doctor or a nurse because the dental needs are so bad. We are looking forward to using these skills, along with my nursing skills, to show the love of Christ to these people with the hopes of one day sharing with them the eternal healing that comes through faith in the Son of God!

More posts to come.....hopefully sooner than later. Thanks for faithfully checking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so excited to hear all this great stuff! Dentistry without electricity--no thanks! ;) So glad there are kids to play with and wives to fellowship with. Anyway, I will look forward to weekly posts!

Keri said...

Betsy, I am looking forward to your weekly posts as well (on your blog).

Stacy said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well!

girlie girl said...

Thanks for posting. Love the look of the blog! We love you guys!

molly said...

Miss you and love you, Ker!
I would love to see you when you are up... What route do you take? I'm sure you've got tons to fit in- Let me know if there are some dates that are better than others to make a trip up. :)

Jeremy and Amy said...

So glad you guys are getting settled!