Sunday, April 15, 2007

Moving

It's official--I can now tell the world that we are moving to Texas in the fall. The main reason we went to Texas on vacation was to check out To Every Tribe Ministries, a mission board that specializes in church planting to unreached tribes. Though we do not know specifically where the Lord is directing us, we are going to be training at the school there in Texas. This has been mulling around in our heads for over a year now and today it became official (well, public anyways). I would love to share with you how the Lord brought us to this point, which I think I will save for another post.

Now the kids are in bed, Paul is at Applebee's with a good friend of his and as I sit here in the silence of our house my heart sinks. I don't know if it's just the release of finally making all of these plans public, or even what it is exactly, but the tears just will not stop. I have no doubt of my Lord's leading thus far and I am so very excited about this next step but I think tonight it really became a reality as we shared the ministry with our home church; we are moving from the place that has been my home for the last 28 years--my parents, my sisters, my grandparents, and the church that I grew up in, all these people that I love so greatly--everything that is so familiar to me will change in a matter of months. I am going to miss everyone so much that my heart aches already. Why is it that sometimes doing what the Lord wants you to do has to be so hard? I hate change! In my flesh I want to stay here and have life continue on as it has been...

...but then my all-loving, all-knowing, all-powerful God reminds me that He is never going to change. It is He who brought me out of the pit in the first place and He is not going to leave me. He will be with us in Texas and wherever He sends us after that. The very same God that is in Wisconsin as I type this is also in Texas ( not to mention North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, South Dakota...). I don't really know what else to say except that I love all of you that I dread leaving and I love my never-changing GOD!

"I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23

12 comments:

Marti said...

What???? You're moving??? Just kidding. :)

I don't think it will be much easier to see you go than it will be for you to go, but you know we're all excited for you guys to start this new ministry. I'm glad you love God more than you love us. :)

Meanwhile (as I remind Bird), we have a looooong summer ahead of us, with lots of walks and trips to the beach and evenings grilling out and...

Speaking of walks, what are you doing this morning? :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sissy,

Texas is not SO far from Kentucky, no?

We are praying for you guys during this time.

Love,
John and Drina

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the tears part, dear youngest daughter. But they are partly tears of joy. It is such a privilege to give each of our kids to the Lord - sometimes it just hurts more than other times. Someday you will look back and be so thankful that you didn't say "no" and thus miss out on the tremendous blessings that God has in store for you. And I know He does!!! -Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Niece,

I know how you feel. The Lord led us away from home when we were your age, from all that was familiar and safe. Look what he's done in our lives! I never dreamed I'd be doing what I'm doing today. I know God has great things for you. Things you would never in your wildest dreams think you could do. But one step at a time He leads us, teaches us, and prepares us. What an exciting plan He has for His faithful children. Your life will never be the same. It will be better.

Love you!! Auntie Carolyn

Jeremy and Amy said...

Wow! I UNDERSTAND your mixed feelings! It is an exciting time, but so hard to leave family, friends, and all that is familiar. Although there are both tears and joy ahead, I know you will never regret following God and your husband. I will be praying for you!

cranny + b said...

hey ma'am--
just thought I would stop and say hello. Wow--I can't imagine the feelings you are experiencing! I just finished a Bible study this morning on the book "Trusting God...Even when life hurts" by Jerry Bridges. It was so wonderful--I'm sure you've read that book before too--but your post made me think about the many things that God pointed out to me through that book. Trusting is so hard sometimes!! (for me, anyway!!)

I'm excited for you all!
Sarah

girlie girl said...

Wow! What an adventure! Adventures can sometimes be scary though. Right before I graduated from college, I layed on my bed, silently crying in the dark. I was soon to be married, moving from my beloved Texas, far, far away to Illinois. I'm very close to my mom and didn't know how I could handle being that far away. After the honeymoon, we spent one night at my parents house. In the morning we drove away, while I cried for at least 3 hours! David and I didn't even speak. I was overwhelmed. But God is good, and I love it here now. I still want to be closer to my family.

My mom told me when I left for college, "I'd rather you be in God's will and far away, then out of God's will and right next door". She was right. God is faithful, and has amazing plans for your family! And I can't wait to read all about it!!!!!
Love you!

Stacy said...

This post was such an encouragement to me! I have been having many of the same emotions you expressed as we prepare to move next month. We aren't moving as far away as you are, but too far for me to decide at 5:00 p.m. to send my kids to Grandma & Grandpa's to spend the night like they are tonight. I think about having our next little baby in the fall and 'going it alone' without the help of family nearby. But then I remember that I have the greatest Help living inside of me and I can draw my strength from Him! I am so thankful that you and Paul were/are willing to follow the Lord's leading in your lives and leave the familiar to go where He wants you. Just remember, when you are sitting at your computer typing late at night in the quiet of your house and feeling all of the emotions that a move brings on, that I'm just the next state over probably doing the same thing! Thanks for your transperancy. It was a blessing to me!

Jodi said...

We are going to miss you! Who will talk Froggie with me? Who will act silly with Baba? Who will get into trouble with Junior?

We're glad for God's direction in your life.

Love,
Froggie

PS - As your other sissy said, let's make the best of this summer!

Mindy said...

Keri!!

You guys are in our prayers! I love reading about your beautiful family and am very excited to hear about all your adventures following our great God! Love you!!

Hugs!
Mindy

mitchells2000 said...

Dear Keri,
How exciting to see what God has in store for you all. As a veteran mover, I can totally relate to feelings that you shared... never so much as this last move, though. It was very tough, and still is some days. However, when you know that you are where God wants you, there's a peace even in the midst of the storm of feelings. We will be praying for you!

heidi hornby said...

Wow, I move two hours south and your going to move a little farther than two hours south. haha I hope the Lord gides you faithfuly!

Heidi