Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Taste of the 50's"

Last night was "Taste of the 50's" night at our church so we decided to dress for the decade. The girls loved their poodle skirts that I made for them (they look pretty good if you don't get too close) because they twirl out so far when you spin. The gym was set up to be "Mel's diner" where a waiter or waitress would come to our table and take our order for supper.


We also enjoyed a talent show after dinner. Twiggy, Daisy, and cousin Bird were the "Teacups" singing, "I'm a Little Teapot"--sorry--no pictures are available of their act bacause the camera batteries went dead on us. But you can see from the pictures below that even the kids thoroughly enjoyed the show. NC said that Rocky clapped the hardest when the quartet that I was in sang, "Chapel of Love". I guess we have one fan anyways!



We had a really good time last evening! It brought back memories of the New Year's Eve talent show we had at church when I was junior high! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You might be interested in this.

:o)

Keri said...

Leave it to my sissy to come through for me. Thanks Froggy!!!