Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Omelets in a Bag

I received an e-mail yesterday with a recipe for "Ziploc Omelets". We decided to try them out for lunch today. The girls had a blast making their own lunches. Daisy squeezed the life out of her bag of omelets that we had to empty its contents into another bag--no loss of omelet. Twiggy fell into the natural role of taking charge and placing the omelet bags into a pot of boiling water (no need to worry--she was well supervised).


The verdict...




The omelets were a big hit! Even for NC, whole declaired that they were better than any omelet he's had in a restaurant. And in Twiggy's own words, "These are sooo good I can't even imagine it!"

For those who haven't gotten this e-mail and would like the recipe, here it is:

Squish two large eggs (excluding shells) into a quart-size Ziploc bag.
Add favorite ingredients to the bag (ham, cheese, peppers, mushrooms, etc...)
Squish bag again
Seal the bag, making sure you get as much air out of the bag as possible.
Place bags into pot of already boiling water
Boil for exactly 13 minutes.
Remove bags and cut the top off the bag
Omelet will slide easily out onto a plate.
Season with salt and pepper as desired
Eat.

Let me know what you think! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jodi said...

We're low on eggs around here, so I haven't had a chance to try this yet. But it looks like Rocky didn't enjoy his omelets very much.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Cannot wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Yummy, nutritious, and fun!

Anonymous said...

It does sound yummy! I just wish I knew how to operate that stove-thingy you mention there ... is it anything like a microwave? :-)

Name: Karen said...

I was lamenting over the fact that your blog hadn't been updated since....February 18th....and then I saw the fine print...that you have a new blog! I love it, by the way, the name and everything.

My MIL was just telling me about this omlelet in a bag thing while camping w/them in August. Now I have to try this! Hey...Good to "see" you again!

Drina said...

We're having omelets in a bag for dinner tonight - over five years after you wrote this post! :) It was nice that I could refer back to this to see how long we're supposed to boil the bags.